Thursday, December 3, 2015

Oh my goodness! How long has it been since I last wrote??

Assalamualaikum and happy days everyone!

Syukur alhamdulillah I am finally able to put things down on paper with all the happenings of my life since I last penned in. How long has it been? MashaAllah it has been nearly 1 year since I wrote and a lot has happened since then!

Well for a start I am now back home in good old Kota Kinabalu for good. Alhamdulillah. What can I say, it has been an eventful 3 and half years journey without my family in what they call 'Bumi Kangaroo'. I am still currently a student, God willing will finish soon in shaa Allah. Still writing my last few bits of chapters 6 and 7 before I can say yes..that's done! In shaa Allah..

Anyway, I am currently back at work as a plain ole teacher in UMS. No teaching loads at the moment but next year most definitely when the new semester starts in Feb. I love being back home but I miss my friends terribly in Adelaide. Plus my student life there. Back then everything was easier, decisions were up to me but here well I must say it's pretty challenging. Nevertheless, it will be okay in the end I know it. As long as I have Him with me in shaa Allah I will be fine.

The only worrying thing that bothers me every so often is with all the distractions of life's business I seemed to be losing the Adelaide Me..the boring person whose heart has always been at par with her mind.. I worry so much that I will get the Malaysia Me back - the angry, discontented, proud, all things not so good that I have tried so hard to exterminate when I was by myself in Adelaide.

I need my Adelaide Self back. Please Allah, let me have my Adelaide Self back. Through tahajjud , taubat and other fardhu and sunat prayers I beseech you to purify my heart and provide me with the sweetness of Iman you blessed me with during my most tumultous times in 2013-2014.

Sometimes I wonder, is it because now that time are less tumultous I am losing my connection with you? Has this world back home distracted me more from You rather than bring You closer because of my joys being with family?

I am confused. Perhaps challenges and tumultous times are what I need to feel close; because when I am happy I worry I might forget You.

My concern is just this. For the past six months I have been back. May He ease my path, Amin..

No comments: