Saturday, December 31, 2016

An old friend whom I would like to make dua for

How ironic it is to see her today. As friends we started out with common interests and goals; and then due to an unfortunate misunderstanding we had a fall out. She never did apologize even when I did; but that was fine for me as I never would have liked to keep baggage as I moved along in my life.
Now, 10 years on, it is strange to see that her path is now so different than where I hoped we would be should we still remain friends. 
Somehow, this has made me understand that He was trying to teach me something really profound today; that if you truly ask God to become a better person than you were before; He will make you new friends and family that will lead you right up to that righteous path. At the same time he will also make you leave behind all those people that will never help you get there, or worse still destroy you.
Syukur alhamdulillah today I do believe I am within the right circle, with the right people. You know who you are. Here and beyond.
Thank you . Thank you Allah.
And as for her, I will always make dua she will remember the path we both said we would like to take, and not steer too far away from it. Amin..

No comments: